Rajshahi Festival arranged a seminar on “Potentiality of Tourism at Rajshahi” during Rajshahi Festival at Dhaka. Speakers discussed the rich history and heritage of Rajshahi and asked the authorities concerned to build up tourist complexes centering the archaeological sites at different places of Rajshahi. Details of seminar is given below:
Date: 24 June 2011,
Time: 5.30 pm to 7.00 pm,
Title: Tourism Potentiality of Rajshahi
1. Mahboob Siddique, Heritage Rajshahi.
2. Prof. Kazi Muhammad Mustafizur Rahman, Rajshahi University.
3. Muhammad Lutful Haq, Researcher.
Chairman: Mohini Mohan Chokrabarti, Rajshahi Zila Somity.
Cheif Guest: Golam Muhammad Qader, Minister, Aviation and Tourism.
Special Guest: Omar Faruq Choudhury, Member of Parliament.
1. History and Heritage of Rajshahi District – Mahboob.
2. Puthia – a rich archaeological site of Hindu monuments – Mustafiz.
3. Borokuthi – oldest building of Rajshahi city and possibility of a tourist and recreation complex – Lutful.
Most of the speakers including the guests admitted that Rajshahi has very rich archaeological sites, which can with little efforts be made a tourist place. Minister, Mayor, Member of Parliament and other present agreed to extend all out support to make Rajshahi attractive for the tourist.